Zoosk is one of the most famous dating services on the market. In the USA, it has ranked among the top 5 dating apps for a long time. The service was created back in 2007 as a Facebook application. It has since grown to accommodate millions of users from various parts of the world and has been featured in respectable magazines.
In this Zoosk app review, we will cover all the important aspects of the service. All its advantages and disadvantages will also be pointed out.
General Information about Zoosk
The Zoosk app caters for straight, gay, and lesbian individuals around the world. It is available in 25 widely-spoken languages and has members from about 70 countries. Although the app can be used to find serious dating partners, it is mostly just used for casual hookups. Users don’t have to submit detailed bios. In fact, the app only requires you to give basic information such as your general location and birthday. It can also use your Facebook details to complete your profile.
Zoosk verifies photos of users to make sure they are real. Members submit videos of themselves as a way of verifying that they actually own their profiles. The software will filter out your preferences by following your activities on the app. For example, they will send pictures for you to answer “yes” or “no” then use the new information to deliver more appropriate results.
Searching for matches on this dating app is simple and highly efficient. You can use multiple filters to get the type of person you actually want to meet. The interface is very simple as we will cover in the next section of this Zoosk app review.
You can access this service for free or buy paying a premium fee. Free membership does not allow you complete access to the site. You cannot send a message to other users and cannot even see your matches. Paid membership will allow you to contact other members. You will still need to pay extra fees to access other services on the site even after paying the premium membership fee.
It is important to note that the premium membership is auto renewed at the end of every period. For example, if you have a monthly subscription, it will be renewed in the last 24 hours of the month. You can stop this at any time if you don’t wish to continue enjoying their services.
The site has a neat and simple interface. The app can be accessed through your browser, iPhone, or Android phone. All their apps have a minimalistic design with very little noise and unnecessary clutter. For matches, you will get a full-screen image of a potential date and can click on “yes” or “no.” You can also visit the person’s profile to see if the photo is verified. That way, you can be sure that their picture is real.
You don’t have to view one profile at a time. Just check for a chessboard symbol on the app. Once you click it, multiple results will appear on the screen at a time and you can choose matches more efficiently.
If you have used a dating site before, the Zoosk app will feel like many of them. Their site and apps have an attractive blue theme.
Zoosk Key Features
- Virtual coins. Zoosk uses virtual coins to boost your success with the site and also to make it more fun. With these coins, you can get your profile to the top of search results and, therefore, improve your visibility. Also, you can buy virtual gifts for your date. The coins can also be used to see who checked your profile.
Coins can be bought with real money or can be obtained by performing simple tasks. For example, you can get coins by liking the Zoosk Facebook page. If you choose to buy the coins, you will have to pay via PayPal, bank transfer, or through a cell phone. 50 coins cost $5.
- Winks. If you don’t want to spend money, you can contact members using a wink. You can set a specific age range so that the app gives you relevant matches. The potential dates will also cover a specific radius. The app will send you matches on a daily basis.
- Match. If you and your potential date both click on “yes,” you will be notified that you have a match. However, you have to pay in order to see who it is and initiate communication.
Pros and Cons
- Is compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
- Has a large number of users, and this makes it ideal for locating potential dates.
- The site verifies user photos.
- The service is available in multiple languages.
- Has a simple and intuitive user interface.
- Can be used by straight, gay, and lesbians.
- You can use Zoosk coins to make your experience more interesting.
- Is available on Android and iPhone devices.
- Allows you to boost your visibility using virtual coins.
- Customer service is helpful and fast.
- Payments can be made through several channels. You can use PayPal, mobile phone transactions, or bank transfers.
- Does not require users to set up complete bios.
- You have to pay to use basic features such as messaging. Also, the prices are too high. Unless you change the settings, the subscription will always renew automatically in the last 24 hours of your subscriptions.
- Is available in around 80 countries, so it does not cover all countries.
- Is not the best site if you are looking for a serious relationship.
This Zoosk app review has outlined many benefits of the service. One of the biggest advantages is its compatibility with most devices. You can access it on your iPhone or iOS device, Android, or even desktop device:
- for Android: Google Play Store.
- for iOS: App Store.
- for desktop: Zoosk.com.
- and you can also download the app from Amazon.com.
Downloading the app is free, but most of the features have to be paid for.
Verdict on Zoosk
As you have seen in this Zoosk app review, the service will mainly suit people in search of casual dates. Most of the users give very little information about themselves and will have a hard time locating a serious partner. That said, the app is well designed and serves its purpose perfectly. It accommodates gays, lesbians, and straights.
Our hope is that this Zoosk app review has helped you decide whether or not you should pay for the service. We would recommend the app to any single person with some extra money.