Stash app offers a lot for new investors who are looking to start investing. It features a simple investment platform and has plenty of educational resources. It also waives account fees for the first month to allow new users a chance to try the service out risk-free. This article is going to serve as a Stash app review covering its many different components.
Stash App General Information
This portion of our Stash app review is going to give you a general overview of the program. Stash app is designed with casual investors in mind who have little to no prior investment experience.
The minimum starting balance is $5 and you can invest in over 30 different ETFs. ETFs are a group of assets like stocks or bonds. They can be traded just like normal stock holdings and they typically represent a certain business sector like aviation, telecommunication, or pharmaceutical.
Stash works to make the process easier by using convenient nicknames for each ETF fund. These names help give new investors an idea as to what they are investing in. Some examples of fund choices include delicious dividends, defending America, water the world, and small but mighty. You can quickly learn more about the types of assets each fund has by requesting more information.
The pricing system for Stash app is also very easy to follow as well. For investments below $5,000, the fee is only $1 a month. For funds above $5,000, the fee is .25 percent per year on the value of your investments. There are no additional fees commissions associated with trading.
Stash app also makes it very convenient to automatically grow your investments. They have a feature called auto stash that automatically debits your bank account each month for a specific amount. You can change this amount as needed based on your financial situation.
Before you begin selecting ETF funds, the app also has a very useful risk assessment profiling stage. This feature is very useful for ascertaining the optimum investment style for your unique needs. It uses factors like age, income level, and desired growth rate to determine the optimum risk level for your account.
Stash App Interface
This portion of our Stash app review is going to focus on the user interface. Signing in with the app is simple and easy. The most difficult thing new users encounter is linking your bank account. For this reason, it is recommended that you use the full website if you are encountering any errors during your new account registration. Make sure that you check your spam folder for the registration email.
You can quickly browse a wide selection of ETF choices by using the menu key in the top left-hand corner of your screen. To learn more about each ETF, select the overview tab. The app also makes it easy to create automatic investments for each ETF by using the auto stash feature.
- Simple login process;
- Automatic investments are easy to set up;
- Account summary screen offers a great deal of information;
- Education resources are easily accessible within the app;
- Quickly track investment performance with notifications.
Stash App Key Features
This part of our Stash app review is going to cover the key features of the app. The most important feature of this app is their transparent pricing policy. For only $1 a month, investors with $5,000 or less in investments will be hard pressed to find similar platforms with more attractive pricing.
Stash is also loaded with a wide range of educational resources that are perfect for the beginner investor. For definitions of simple financial terms, the app has little question mark symbols to click. This makes it easy to quickly understand information when browsing potential investment picks.
Another very useful feature is the simple categorization system that Stash uses for ETF funds. Each ETF fund is assigned a name that gives users a rough idea about what type of holdings the fund manages. This makes it easy to pick the investments that suit your personal preferences.
- Transparent pricing policy;
- Over 30 different ETF choices;
- Risk assessment profiler is very intuitive;
- Tons of educational resources;
- Automatic investment options.
Stash App Pros and Cons
- Automatic investments are easy to set up;
- Plenty of free educational material is available;
- The account overview screen has a lot of useful information;
- Investments are categorized to make picking the right choice simpler;
- The fee structure is fair and easy to understand;
- It only requires $5 to get an account started;
- New accounts receive one month free to try out the service;
- Compatible with a wide range of mobile devices.
- There are no other investment options besides ETFs;
- It takes a total of seven business days to transfer funds from sold holdings;
- There is currently no check deposit option available at this time;
- Most prepaid cards that function as checking accounts are not compatible with this app;
- Paper statements cost $5 for each copy;
- There is a $30 fee on returned ACH requests and stop payment requests;
- Customer service is only available via email.
Stash App Compatibility
This portion of our Stash app review is going to focus on its compatibility with various devices. Stash is accessible via their full website. In addition, it also comes in an app version that is compatible with iOS 8.0 or later and Android 4.1 and up devices.
Stash App Verdict
We will focus on the final verdict in this section of our Stash app review. The important thing to remember about Stash app is that it is designed specifically for new investors who want a no-frills approach to investing. The app has a simple pricing structure and offers a ton of educational resources. For smaller investments, Stash is an excellent choice. It teaches you the foundations to investing and can eventually pave the way to larger online investment options.